Hillsdale Community has a design handbook that outlines the various guidelines, standards, and rules and regulations, established for use by both the members of the Board of Directors and homeowners in maintaining and enhancing the appearance and character of the Hillsdale community.
These guidelines, standards, rules and regulations address improvements for which homeowners will most often submit applications to the Architectural Control Committee. They are not intended to be all inclusive, or exclusive, but rather serve as a guide for the review and approval process for improvements that may be made in the community.
The specific objectives of this booklet are:
- To provide uniform guidelines to be used by the Architectural Control Committee in reviewing ALL applications in light of the goals set forth in the founding documents of our community.
- To assist homeowners in preparing a complete application package for submission to the Architectural Control Committee.
- To increase all homeowners’ awareness and understanding of the provisions contained in the Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, and related documents of the Hillsdale Community Association.
- To describe the organization and procedures involved with the architectural guidelines and standards established by the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions in order to preserve and enhance the value of the Property and to maintain a harmonious relationship among structures and the natural vegetation and topography.
- To illustrate basic design principles, which will aid homeowners m developing exterior improvements that are in harmony with the community as a whole.