The HCA Parking Regulations for the Hillsdale Townhome Community regulate the use of parking spaces and assure the community’s safety and harmonious visual presence. It is important that you and your visitors know the HCA Parking Regulations, which are enforced on a daily basis. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in towing of vehicles that are not in compliance.
Our towing company, King Towing, regularly patrols the Hillsdale Townhome Community and has standing authorization from the Board of Directors to tow vehicles that are in violation of the parking regulations.
If your vehicle has been towed contact:
The HCA endorses strict compliance with these policies, which are designed to assure ready access to emergency and service vehicles; maintain the attractive appearance of the community, and help keep insurance rates low. Please be considerate of fellow residents by obeying the following guidelines:
- It is your responsibility to inform your guests where to park, and to ensure they abide by the rules.
- Assigned Parking: Two spaces per town home are assigned by HCA. If you are new to the community and do not know which spots are yours, contact the Management Company.
- If a non-resident parks in your spot, try to locate the owner of the vehicle. If you are unsuccessful in locating the owner, and if the vehicle remains in your spot for a significant period time, contact King Towing.
- No Parking in fire lanes (yellow curbs). Anyone parking along the yellow curb is subject to towing and/or ticketing at any time.
- No parking near Fire Hydrants. Fire trucks need ready access to our streets and to fire hydrants.
- Recreational/Commercial Vehicle Parking. No boats, trailers, campers, motor homes or commercial vehicles (except as noted in Resolution 2001-01) are allowed in the community.
- Inoperable/Abandoned Vehicles. Any vehicle left unmoved in a guest/permit parking spot for 14 consecutive days, without written permission from the Board of Directors, is subject to towing.